Reopening after renovations from curbside on 8/29/22. Clients will now be able to come back into the building but they will need to wear a mask.
To Our Pet Families,
We know that you have been recently inundated with COVID-19 information, recommendations, and directions and have probably made considerable changes to your daily routines. The doctors and staff at Lynn Animal Hospital are intimately involved in providing for your safety while still being available to give the necessary care for your furry, scaled, and feathered family members. As of May 7th, the MD State Veterinary Board has opened practices back up to wellness and elective procedures as long as we can protect our clients and our staff.
To reduce risks to staff and clients, the doctors' schedules have been shifted. Dr. Carman will be in the office on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Dr. Stancliff will be in the office on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Please call if you have any concerns and will do our best to accommodate your needs. Please be aware that there are times that you may be referred directly to an emergency hospital for care if we have exceeded our available resources.
Here are the current changes to our hospital traffic flow in an effort to decrease the exposure for our clients and our staff.
- All appointments will be seen by curbside pickup only. When you arrive at the hospital, please call us from your vehicle at 301-779-1184. We will ask you to remove pet carriers from your vehicle and place them on the ground several feet from your vehicle for our staff to retrieve. Doctors will communicate with you by phone, complete any agreed-upon treatment(s), and have your pet delivered back to you.
- We ask that you please do not leave the parking area while your pet is being examined.
- The doors of the hospital will remain locked during business hours to reduce the risk of unintended exposures. We are happy to communicate by phone, email, text, and PetDesk app.
- Please call ahead for refills of medications and ask for enough to get you through the next few weeks/ months of the crisis. When you receive a call back confirming that your prescription is ready please be ready to pay for your prescription over the phone.
- If at all possible, please refill maintenance medications and prescription foods on VetSource, our online pharmacy, and have them shipped directly to your home. VetSource can be accessed from our website or your Pet Portal. If you need help placing the order, our staff would be happy to set up the e-script for you and send you a link for payment, or you can pay over the phone with a staff member. VetSource has increased their staff and shipping department staff to accommodate the anticipated increase in order volume, but please allow for additional time for delivery in this adjustment period.
- We will be taking only Visa, Mastercard, Discover, CareCredit, and Scratch Pay payments over the phone. All receipts will be emailed to the address we have on file unless you wish them to go to another email address. This is to reduce the number of items that must exchange hands.
- As of May 7, we are again able to see wellness exams, vaccines, routine follow-up appointments, dental procedures, and spays and neuters. Please give us a call, email, text, or PetDesk app request to help us schedule your appointment. We are happy to help!
Please note, we are now using Ally DVM/PetPage for client communications. The text number for the hospital is now (301) 804-1608.
As the COVID-19 crisis continues we will make periodic information and service updates as needed.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Doctors and Staff at Lynn Animal Hospital